Social Media Weekend is back, and better than ever, this year in partnership with PACE UNIVERSITY.
Our theme: NAVIGATING THE NOISE & THRIVING IN A NEW DECADE.
All-day, Sat., March 21 at Pace University
Friday-night reception at Muck Rack world HQ in downtown Manhattan
Hosted by Sree Sreenivasan (@Sree), Marshall R. Loeb Visiting Professor of Digital Innovation at Stony Brook School of Journalism and a leading social and digital consultant – dubbed “The Twitter Tutor” by NY Observer and Fast Company 100 Most Creative People in Business 2015. He’s former Chief Digital Officer of Columbia University, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the City of New York. Executive Producer: Linda Bernstein, PhD, @wordwhacker. Producers: Andrew Lih, @fuzheado; Rajni Menon, @rajnikmenon; Neil Parekh, @NeilParekh
- Sree will be joined by social experts, digital visionaries and others who can help up your social, digital & mobile game, no matter your level.
- This one-day conference will bring you a lifetime of new ideas, skills, and contacts.
Speakers, workshops, networking and so much more:
- Book a session with the Social Media Doctors and boost your presence on your favorite platforms.
- Claim your free professional headshot (a $100 value) and use it to spruce up your profiles.
- Plenty of networking time, plus free coffee and lunch.
Sessions will include:
- Sree in conversation with Pulitzer Prize winning authors Nick Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn. They will be signing their new bestseller Tightrope: Americans Reaching for Hope.
- 30 Tools in 45 Minutes: Apps you must have in your social media toolbox – JeremyCaplan’s signature workshop
- Podcasting: Yes, a favorite medium is back — for a reason. What you need to know to attract a podcast audience.
- Social Media and the 2020 Election: Experts explain what we can expect and what we can do about misinformation.
- Instagram: From storytelling to Instagram Stories, what you need to know.
- TikTok: How brands are diving into the hottest new platform
- Social Media Fails: We learn from mistakes.
- Artificial Intelligence: Discover the basics of artificial intelligence and machine learning now that it is being used in almost every application.
- Livestreaming: best practices for video broadcasting to multiple platforms at once and creating compelling content
and more, featuring, Sree’s Status Report update on what you need to know in 2020, with special guests.
Included in the pricing is a free, optional opening-night reception on Friday, March 20 and, on Friday afternoon, a free, optional warmup event: a walking workshop on mobile photography and Instagram featuring some of great NYC museums.
We’re so happy to announce the venue for the opening-night reception on,
Friday, March 20th
96 Spring Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Time: 6 pm to 9 pm
Program: to be announced.
“The one social media boot camp that’s a must. Get connected, get digital, make friends, and have fun. It’s the best social media event of the year.” – Lauren Mack (@lmack), social media coordinator and multimedia journalist.
“#smwknd is the best experience you can legally enjoy.” – Gianni Riotta (@riotta), Princeton & LUISS professor and columnist.
More details coming your way ASAP.
Meanwhile, you can buy your early bird ticket for $149. That includes a free lunch. (Prices will go up to $199 by mid-February)
Limited student tickets are available for $99. (You must have a valid student ID to show at the check-in desk.)
Anyone with real affordability issues around buying a ticket can write to Sree and offer to volunteer to work for access: email@example.com.
SEE OUR NEW SPONSORSHIP INFO: http://bit.ly/smwkndsponsors2020
Follow us on Twitter: @smwknd https://twitter.com/smwkndFollow us on Instagram: @smwknd.conf https://www.instagram.com/smwknd.conf/
About Sree: Sree Sreenivasan and his Center10 Consulting team have been working on digital, social, mobile evaluation, strategy and training projects for more than a decade. Clients have included UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency); Louvre Abu Dhabi; Pulitzer Prizes at Columbia University; U.S. Holocaust Museum; Hong Kong’s new West Kowloon Cultural District, Yeshiva University, Economic Hardship Reporting Project, Aquarium of the Bay and Global Teacher Prize (gives one K-12 teacher 1 million USD). In addition, Sree has extensive experience in higher education digital issues, serving as a current and inaugural Marshall R. Loeb Visiting Professor of Digital Innovation at Stony Brook University School of Journalism, professor of digital media at Columbia University for more than two decades and has been a consultant for various universities and colleges.
During his stints as the Chief Digital Officer of Columbia University, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the City of New York, Sree was responsible for leading digital strategy and transformation at those institutions. He also supervised multiple revamps of major websites and the launch of mobile apps.
In 2015, Sree was named to Fast Company’s list of 100 Most Creative People in Business, in part for his work on the future of culture: http://bit.ly/sreefc. In 2014, he was named the most influential CDO in the US by CDO Club; in 2009, he was named one of AdAge’s 25 media people to follow on Twitter and in 2010 was named one of Poynter’s 35 most influential people in social media. He has taught thousands of professionals in workshops in more than 30 countries.
You can find him on Twitter at twitter.com/sree; on Instagram at http://instagram.com/sreenet; on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/sreenivasan; on TikTok (but remind his kids): http://tiktok.com/@sreedotnet