- Welcome remarks by Linda Bernstein, #smwknd Executive Producer
- Greetings from Pace University President Marvin Krislov
- Conference logistics by Neil Parekh, Producer
SESSION 2 (1 hour)
- Sree’s Keynote: Brand-new presentation on social, digital, mobile. Dozens of new ideas, tools, tips and tricks.
- Speaker: Sree Sreenivasan, Marshall R. Loeb Visiting Professor of Digital Innovation, Stony Brook School of Journalism and cofounder, Digimentors consultancy
- 10 Useful Tools for Visual Productivity – a special edition of the perennially most useful session at #smwknd PLUS access to online handout
- Speaker: Jeremy Caplan, Director of Teaching and Learning at CUNY’s Newmark Graduate School of Journalism
SESSION 4 (45 minutes)
- Workshop: How to successfully collaborate online – the video and social platforms you need for productivity in these uncertain times. Speakers: Andrew Lih, Met Museum Wikimedia strategist, Smithsonian Wikidata hacker, Sree’s digital mentor and cofounder, Digimentors consultancy
- Steffen Kaplan, social & visual strategist, Spin It Social
SESSION 5 (45 minutes)
- Social Media Fails: Learn how to do your best from case studies of companies and individuals who did their worst.
- Moderator: Marc Oppenheim, founder, MEOJobsOnline.com; Dean of Advising, Hofstra University
- Speaker: Jamie Cohen, founder of the New Media program at Molloy College
- Speaker: Karen Freberg, Associate Professor of Strategic Communication at University of Louisville
SESSION 6 (45 minutes)
- TikTok: The hottest platform of the moment. Learn what all the fuss is about and how/if you can add it to your skillset.
- Speaker: Rebecca Jennings of Vox
SESSION 7 (45 minutes)
- Workshop: How to use digital branding to build your business – Selling a product or service to consumers who are smarter than ever before is tough, challenging, and requires a higher level of creativity. In this session, you’ll learn advanced tips to create better digital branding which will improve your customer acquisition.
- Speakers: Juntae Delane, Chief Strategist, Digital Delane, a digital agency. And founder of the Digital Branding Institute.
SESSION 8 (45 minutes)
- Workshop: LinkedIn – the latest tips and strategies about the world’s top professional social network.
- Speaker: Andrew Seaman, News Editor, LinkedIn
SESSION 9 (1 hour)
- HOW WE SOCIAL: Nick Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, Pulitzer-winning journalists and authors of “Tightrope: Americans Reaching for Hope” (order yours here: https://www.amazon.com/Tightrope-Americans-Reaching-Nicholas-Kristof/dp/0525655085)
- Nick’s columns on coronavirus:
- 12 Steps to Tackle the Coronavirus: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/opinion/coronavirus-united-states.html
- Beware the Contagion Blowhards: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/opinion/sunday/coronavirus-united-states.html
- Is this Coronavirus “the Big One?”: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/opinion/sunday/coronavirus-outbreak.html
SESSION 10 (30 minutes)
- Sree’s closing remarks: What we’ve learned; next steps; how we keep the learning going